banner ad TS

TS Banner photo TSanimatedbannerad_zpsd5c15031.gif

Amazon Deals

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brian Anderson


HOW “THE GODLING CHRONICLES” CAME TO BE
(BY BRIAN D. ANDERSON)




A couple of years ago, I was working on a rather dark project. The fact of the matter is that most of my writing was dark back then. I was at a crucial part of the story and had been laboring over it for hours. Suddenly, Jonathan (my son) burst through the door, home from school, excited; more excited than usual. When I asked him why, he explained that he had come up with an idea for a story, and was desperate to tell me about it. At first I was a bit irritated. I was on a roll and didn't really want to stop what I was doing. But, not wanting to be a “bad dad,” I smiled and listened.

If you want to know what he told me, you need only read the prologue of Book One. I wrote down action for action what he said. I naturally adjusted the language to a more adult tone, and added the dialogue, but the sequences were all his. By the time he finished, I had forgotten all about my dumb book and was captivated. He went on to explain the main character (including his name) and the general idea for the story. ALL THAT FROM THE MIND SEVEN YEAR OLD BOY!!!

Right then, I knew that an idea like that could not be left to waste. I abandoned my book and set to work. Admittedly, Jonathan lost interest soon after and moved on to things more fun than watching his old man type. Still, from time to time I would read it to him, and get his opinion. He loved watching it take shape, and relished the idea that other people would one day read it.
When my first publisher picked up what came to known as The Godling Chronicles, I was elated. I had never been more proud of my son, and I must admit...myself. The day the first copies arrived at our house and I looked in the back to see our picture, it really hit me what had happened. For years I had written dark, cerebral stories that only I and a few others might enjoy. Looking back I see my old work as less of a story, and more of an academic exercise in self-indulgence. And though I had always had a love of fantasy, I had never had been able to write it effectively. That is, until now. It was as if my son had unlocked something deep inside of me. Something I had always hoped was there, but had resigned myself to believing it was not.
Now I am free to write and create without the burden of doubt...and it is all thanks to my inspiration...the light of my life...my son. I know that one day, he will be something special. With a mind like his I see only success in his future. I'm certain that one day the world will know the name Jonathan Anderson.






AUTHOR BIO’S

Brian D. Anderson was born in 1971, and grew up in the small town of Spanish Fort, A. He attended Fairhope High, then later Springhill College where his love for fantasy grew into a lifelong obsession. His hobbies include chess, history, and spending time with his son.
Jonathan Anderson was born in March of 2003. His creative spirit became evident by the age of three when he told his first original story. In 2010 he came up with the concept for The Godling Chronicles that grew into an exciting collaboration between father and son. Jonathan enjoys sports, chess, music, games, and of course, telling stories.

THE GODLING CHRONICLES (BOOK ONE): THE SWORD OF TRUTH
It has been five hundred years since the Great War between Elf and Human ripped the world apart, and the Dark Knight of Angrääl has stolen the Sword of Truth. With it, he has trapped the Gods in heaven. If left unchallenged he will kill the Gods and reshape the world into an unimaginable hell. The only hope for all of creation is a boy named Gewey Stedding, the only being born from the union of two Gods. Aided by Lee Starfinder, the son of Saraf, God of the Sea, and a mortal woman, he must discover the true nature of his power. However, this will not be easy. He is bound to the earth a mortal man, and in many ways is very human. When Kaylia, a young elf woman, joins their party, Gewey discovers that perils of the heart can be as treacherous as any sword. Gewey, Lee, Kaylia and other friends they meet on their journey, must battle the Dark Knight, find a way to heal the hatred between elf and man, and restore heaven itself.






“THE GODLING CHRONICLES (BOOK ONE)” BUY LINKS:

BRIAN D. ANDERSON’S LINKS:


Brian’s Twitter:  @GodlingChron

1 comment: