banner ad TS

TS Banner photo TSanimatedbannerad_zpsd5c15031.gif

Amazon Deals

Monday, June 24, 2013

Heir to the Luima Legacy (Luima Legacy Series) Review

3 Stars.

I was given this book as a gift from a friend, but I really should have read book one in the series.

Heir begins at the end of a battle where Prince Nestor has been kidnapped by enemy forces. Merl, a contender for the throne, is taken to the castle, where the king is basically on his deathbed. There is a lot of political intrigue, but mostly, a debate is waged as to whether Meryl really is next in line for the throne. Apparently his mother was a princess and had him in secret so no one knew about his existence until he had grown.

In the meantime, two kingdoms plot against Bahadi using Nestor as a pawn in their schemes. Nestor allows himself to be used even after he learns to use a Jebo staff. A magical staff.

As the story progresses, Nestor continues to be corrupted while Meryl learns to use the Light Sword and harness his skills. He grows form the boy that he is into he leader he needs to be at the end. The book ends with a battle and leads into the third book in the series.

This isn't a bad book. It reads fairly easily. I think my biggest problem was that I didn't read book 1 first. So make sure you read the first book in the series before this one; otherwise you might get a bit lost like I did. My only other complaint was that it seemed to tell the story rather than show it. I would have liked more descriptions during the battle. But it does end in a way that makes you want to read the third book. I am interested in how Meryl continues in his role as prince and i what happens to Nestor after he is banished.

You can buy the book here:

No comments:

Post a Comment