banner ad TS

TS Banner photo TSanimatedbannerad_zpsd5c15031.gif

Amazon Deals

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This review was posted on Amazon, but due to a series of threats from the author, I was forced to take it down.  However, I have it posted here because I believe potential buyers deserve an honest review, instead of only the 5 star reviews that are on the product page.  I also do not like being forced to remove a review because an author cannot handle a negative critique.  I posted this same review on Goodreads and Barnes and Noble.  As far as I know, Barnes and Noble does not allow you to delete reviews.

My self serving book is not your typical book, in that it's not chronological. This is just a collection of one man's Facebook statuses and notes.

Unlike most books, fiction or nonfiction, you do not need to read this one from beginning to end This is one of the things I liked about the book. In fact, you can start reading the end and work your way backwards. Or you can begin in the middle.

This is a short book and can easily be read in a couple hours. And if you want mindless reading, this is perfect. Since is is just a collection of a person's Facebook posts, there is no critical thinking involved.

I would only recommend this book to people who want a good way to waste two hours without having to tax the brain. But this wasn't the best collection of quotes. Though some parts of it were funny and made me laugh out loud, I was hoping for something more witty. After a while, this just became the disgruntled grumblings of one man. 


A word of advice, there are a lot of thing in here that are downright offensive or crude. If you are sensitive to such things, do not read this book. You'll just ruin your day. 


I do not recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment